Over the coming days we will preview the 42nd TD Bank Reedy River Run. Today we have six questions for Greenville's Ricky Flynn, who will be included in our "elite" field. Ricky moved to Greenville in late 2013 to train and compete with ASICS Greenville Track Club-ELITE. A two-time qualifier for the USA Olympic Team Trials in the marathon, he later transitioned to triathlon, where he has developed to the professional level. He was also voted the 2017 South Carolina Road Runner of the Year.
1. How many years have you been running and why did you start?
I started running back before highschool at some local road races but really didn't get started until my freshman year of cross country. I enjoyed the competitive nature of running.
2. What is your favorite running experience?
I would have to say winning the national title in cross country my senior year of college is near the top of the list among some other running experiences
3. Where is your favorite venue to run locally?
I would have to say the reedy river 10k is my favorite local event
4. Have you run TD Bank Reedy River Run previously?
Yes, I believe I have run 4 out of the past 5 years.
5. What is your favorite part of the course?
I like the stretch thru Cleveland park the most.
6. Why are your running the TD Bank Reedy River Run?
I am running because its a great local event with good competition, so its hard to pass up.